About Animal Guardians
Animal Guardians is the most pragmatic, realistic, experienced, and reliable animal advocacy and protection organization in China, South Korea, Spain, the United States, or anywhere else in the world.
Animal Guardians is committed to the prevention of cruelty to animals from intentional or irresponsible actions and the suffering that animals endure from those actions. We are promoting this message realistically through legislation, education, raising awareness among the public and business community, as well as throughout universities and government agencies.
Since 1986, Animal Guardians, formerly the Compassion for Animals Foundation, has provided substantial funding and strategic consulting for capacity-building projects, academic projects, and has also provided research and advisory functions on animal cruelty, protection, and welfare issues to numerous entities in China, Spain, South Korea, and the United States.
Our goal is to partner with caring individuals and organizations to promote an ethical component to society that will raise public awareness to adopt realistic standards of animal care that will also enhance human and planetary health. Higher standards of morality, ethics, and responsibility can only be a benefit to us all. We look forward to working with invested others in developing sensible strategies to solve these serious problems.
Animal Guardians, originally The Compassion for Animals Foundation, founded in 1986, has been active for animals for 30 years. Highlights of this work — which has supported nearly 100 organizations and dozens of individual activists — include, but is not limited to:
- Significant support through funding, direction, and hands-on involvement at a dozen universities and government agencies in China to raise animal welfare awareness and provide first-ever legal protections
- Funding and direction to end bullfighting throughout the world
- Funding and direction to end dog and cat eating throughout Asia
- Financial support to stop the cruelty of the Chinese fur trade
- Support for The Animals Voice — the leading Internet networking resource for animal rights activists worldwide
- Provided majority support for the first-ever March for the Animals in Washington, DC
- Was significant in raising awareness about the plight of animals, as well as gave voice — through enormous and wide-reaching financial support — to an emerging movement of animal rights activists in the United States
In 1986, Laura founded The Animals Voice, an international animal rights magazine still in print today (and previously published by The Compassion for Animals Foundation), and designs and maintains its web site. She currently holds positions with The Animals Voice, Return to Freedom Wild Horse Sanctuary, and Animal Guardians (as an International Ambassador).
Laura was inducted into the Animal Rights Hall of Fame in 2004.